Cody is obsessed with the show, "Man vs Wild." Its about this guy named, Bear Grylls who jumps out of a helicopter into the middle of nowhere with only a knife (or something like that) and tries to survive off of the land while finding his way back to civilization. Well, Cody has taken 10 days off of work to go and do the same thing! OK, not exactly but he is hiking, with only his back pack and bow and arrow, deep into some unfamiliar, rugged, mountain range where there are no trails or roads or fire pits or camp grounds. Only wolves, bears, steep cliffs, freezing temps, stormy weather, poisonous plants, mountain lions, and more bears. He and his friend have been planning this for quite a while and were so excited about the challenge. I, if you can't tell, am a little nervous!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Husband vs. Wild
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
What a brave guy! I would freak out too, Beth! I am sure he will have such a fun time though.
PS- I miss you!!
He's a crazy man! Tell him to drive his car through Bear World and he'll get the same experience without the cold.
That's crazy! Yo uare a better wife than me, I don't think I could let him do it. Please tell me he's at least taking a GPS and a cell phone in case of emergency. He sounds like the search and rescue's worst nightmare!
Does Cody know that Bear sleeps in a hotel room at night and that the whole show is a big set up?
That show is pretty gross if you ask me. The funny thing is that I'm always drawn to it and want to watch it! Weird! Check out our blog at http://paulandkirstenfamily.blogspot.com
Let's get together!
That would make me nervous also! I'll look forward to hearing how the adventure went.
I'm so glad that Ray won't be involved in this adventure. Cody always seems to talk me into letting Ray go with him. But I don't think I would've caved anyway. Hope he comes back safe!
I knew Cody would be into that show. I watched a little bit of it tonight.
He just wants to bite the head off something. To be honest those guys forget the food half the time they hunt, so I don't think it will be that different:)
Tawny says you are a good wife.
Marty
Cody needs to start his own survival show on how to "wrestle" animals down to kill them. Forget about a knife! All he needs are his amazing wrestling skills!
ps. Hope he has tons of fun and you survive without him!
Oh Beth. Sorry you married into this! :) Just kidding. I guess we all know Cody, though, eh? If you get bored while he's gone, come see us in Logan. Or else we will see you at conference?
Post a Comment