Established May 15, 2004.

Forever and Always

Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Fun

I cant believe that October is OVER!!! I think it went by so fast because we were so busy with all the parties and things that come with Halloween. I used to not be a big fan of Halloween but now that I have kids I love it. It is so fun to get them all dressed up and see how excited they get. Here they are after trick-or-treating. Looks like Carly has had enough of refereeing his big brother and sister!

Dallin was so excited that he got to be a football player. He would put his costume on everyday and practice playing football. After we got him all dressed up he didn't even want to go trick-or-treating. He just wanted to play football. Lilli ran around chasing him yelling "Go Dallin! Go Dallin!"

We had a dorm Halloween party Thursday night. Here they are getting ready for the 3-legged race. Lilli wasn't too excited about it.
For family night we carved pumpkins with our good friends, the Checketts.

At preschool it was Dallin's turn to take Curious George home with him. All the kids take turns taking George and a journal home with them overnight. In the journal they write/draw about all the things that they did with Curious George during the time he was at their house. Some of the kid's moms' wrote poems, did fancy art work, told stories about all these really fun and creative things that they did with George. Dallin was one of the last ones in the class to bring George home and as I was reading through all of the journal entries that went before him I began to find myself feeling a little competitive inside. I stayed up all night thinking about what we could do with Curious George so that Dal's journal entry would DOMINATE the other ones!
First, I taught Dallin how to sew and he sewed up the hole that George had on his bum from all the other kids' foolish activities that they did with him. Then, we made him a Halloween costume and Dal took him to the trunk-or-treat with him and Lilli. BEAT THAT MOMS!!! Dal got sick the next day and couldn't go to preschool but don't worry, I MADE SURE that I still went so I could turn in Curious George and the journal so they could all read it and weep. BRING IT ON MOMMIES!!!!!
J/K- i really wasn't that obsessive ;)

12 comments:

anderson's said...

Betha, we all know the truth...you are that obsessive!! I was laughing so hard reading about what you came up with.

And the kids costumes are so cute!

Brooke said...

Oh, you are so competitive! Good journal entry. Your kids' costumes are so cute. Why does Lilly look so different to me? Then again, Carly does too. I'd love if you'd do a slide of some of your mission pics.

Celeste Tabakece said...

Ha Ha. How funny. I probably would have stayed up the whole night just thinking about how I could make mine at least better than the worst journal entry. And even that would have been a challenge for me. Anyway, how cute and creative. I just love you.

The Weekes Family said...

See...you are SUPER MOM! Just look at your cute kids and your creativity! I can't believe how big they keep getting! I bet they had a blast trick-or-treating! Look how good you are already teaching your children to be domestic! What's next...gourmet cooking classes?!

Hope said...

That is hilarious. Glad George had a good time. Love the costumes, too. I dressed Macie up as a witch and took her to her first aggie game. Good times. Can't wait to see you guys soon, and I hope you are enjoying The Office! :)

Kirsten said...

SUPER cute! We miss you guys! Let's play games!

Kate Call said...

love your little "halloween team"! thats such a cute idea! i can't believe how big your kids are getting beth.. and they are all so so cute! wish i could meet them!

Ray Ball Fam said...

Hey, Beth you need to update! I'm trying to stalk you! cute pics of kids. How nice that Dallin had his own cheerleader!

JoAnn said...

Bethany -- I wish I coulda seen your kids in their darling costumes-- You are tooooo creative! LOVE IT!

I'm Amy. Or Melynne. Whatever. said...

Hey! Did I hear you guys bought a house and are abandoning the managing world? How are things going for you? Send me an email: gitchygoome@gmail.com.

Michael & Wendy Mecham said...

Where are the pictures of your house???? We want to see it!

anderson's said...

where are you??